Wednesday, April 27, 2011

do it yourself wednesday!

The latest trend for hair has been the Ombre look (which I am currently rockin) and feather extensions. Now I don't use the grizzly long skinny feathers, but I use actual feathers from fly shops. I love the fluffy look of them when a couple of the feathers are bunched together and woven throughout my hair. A lot of people ask me how I put them in and where to buy them, so I decided I would do this tutorial. I have yet to try the long skinny feather extensions, so I decided that I would order some a give them a try.


To be honest, some people go a bit heavy when it comes to wearing feather hair extensions. I like the more subtle look .. where you can barely see them, but with a tilt of the head, they shine through just a little bit. I am also a fan of the more neutral feather extension colors like browns, off-whites, blacks, and light yellows.

What You Need:
-Feather Hair Extensions (you can find at your local fly shop or here)
-Pliers 
-Hair Extension beads (you can find at your local beauty supply store)
-Hair Extension Pulling Hook Tool (you can find at your local beauty supply store)

*You can by the tool kit here if you don't want to go to multiple places

Here is a video showing you a step-by-step process on how to put in the extensions. They are generally supposed to last 2-3 months, but I find they last around 1 month:

No comments:

Post a Comment